- Do you often feel like crying?
- Worry about losing it?
- Think nobody cares?
- Or get blind, do drugs?
- Pig out, starve?
- Use sex to feel OK?
These are signs of too much stress.
Sometimes our everyday anxiety, depression or anger can go beyond their useful function.
- are irrational
- prevent us from taking any action
- are so intense as to be overwhelming
It doesn’t have to be this way. Tough times aren’t forever. YOU can turn things around.
- Acknowledge you feel bad
- Slow down and think
- Try writing down your thoughts
- Decide how things could be better
- Tell someone you can trust. Friends are great, but for bigger problems talk to an adult.
- Not everyone is able to help with every problem so keep trying until you get the right help.
Choose 5 trusted adults to be on your support network, such a:
Parents, Other Trusted Adults, Teachers, School Counsellors
or contact a confidential counsellor at Open Doors using the Contact Us form.